How can you protect your teeth and prolong a dental emergency during quarantine? Try these 5 things to help protect your teeth & brighten your smile. First, take off your face mask and follow the steps below.
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a fluoride-containing toothpaste. Brushing your teeth in the morning is important because it gets your mouth ready for food and removes the bacteria that grows in your mouth overnight. Brushing your teeth at night before you go to sleep helps protect against plaque buildup, tooth decay, and gum disease.
- Floss. Cleaning/flossing between your teeth removes plaque that can lead to cavities or gum disease from the areas your toothbrush can’t reach.
- Use Floride Mouthwash. We like ACT Floride Mouthwash. Mouthwash prevents gingivitis and gum disease by killing the bacteria that could infect your dental pockets and gums. Mouthwash can prevent the buildup of plaque, strengthen your tooth enamel, and demineralize your teeth, allowing you to prevent tooth decay.
- Avoid sugary foods. Avoid candy, carbonated drinks, dried fruits, fruit snacks, citrus, and potato chips which can remain on and in between the tooth surface. If you have to eat these types of foods, be sure to brush and floss immediately after eating.
- Whitening Teeth. You can try to whiten your teeth using baking soda and peroxide. Mix a teaspoon of baking soda and a half teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide until the mixture turns into a toothpaste-like consistency. Use the mixture to brush your teeth. Let it sit for a minute or two before rinsing it off with water. Make sure to rinse well and use a three-percent solution hydrogen peroxide for safety.