Did you know that dental exams and check ups are just as important as doctor checkups in preparation for Back To School? Some schools require families to get a dental exam and have a dental form filled out as a part of the new school year registration process.
Students with dental pain and/or decay can experience difficulty eating, playing, learning, speaking and could lead to missing valuable school time.
Back To School Checklist
- Brushing & Flossing
- Brush teeth before school and before bed everyday.
- Floss between teeth after brushing.
- Change tooth brush every 3 months and after an illness.
- Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and avoid brushing teeth too aggressively.
- Healthy Lunches & Snacks
- Avoid sugary drinks and food.
- Try items such as vegetables, fruits, nuts, whole grain pretzels, yogurt, smoothie, cheese, or a granola bar.
- Many school cafeterias provide healthy food choices.
- Regular Dental Exams
- By making sure your child gets regular dental exams and cleanings, you can keep your child’s teeth free of decay and minimize time out of school for emergency dental appointments.